Improving the appearance of the face is not just for ladies – men experience many of the same physical and psychological benefits from a facelift. And since aging is a universal experience, and the signs of aging develop earliest on the face, men often consider the benefits of a facelift. Known as a rhytidectomy, Dr. Meredith has specialized training and a decade of experience performing male facelifts.
If you are wanting to improve the tone, achieve better definition of jawline and neck, remove deep creases around nose, mouth and eyes and achieve a look that makes you feel years younger, this is what you can expect to discuss with Dr. Meredith in his office before making the decision to get a lift;
- Your overall health and reasons you are considering a facelift
- Is there an alternative to facelift surgery
- What is the best age for a facelift and what results can be expected
- How to maintain facelift results
- Any risks or potential complications
- Pre and Post Operative Care Instructions
As one of the first signs of aging among men is sagging under the yes and dropping around the eye creases and brow, male blepharoplasty, or eye lid lift, is one of the most common plastic surgeries among men. Even the slightest reduction of sagging and wrinkling around the eye area can make a man look years younger.
Dr. Meredith has expertise in male blepharoplasty and knows how it differs from the procedure for women. You can expect to review the following important considerations in a consultation with Dr. Meredith;
- The pros and cons of blepharoplasty for men specifically
- The goal of avoiding obvious or dramatic changes in order to ensure natural results
- The surgical techniques used to achieve the designed outcome
- Pre and post surgical care and recovery
Post Weight Loss
Diet and exercise alone will not significantly improve sagging skin or loose abdominal muscles so many men who have experienced significant weight loss consider a male body lift to reward their efforts and help them achieve their ultimate goals. Body lifting procedures remove excess hanging skin from the face, neck, abdomen, chest, upper arms and thighs to restore attractive proportions after profound weight loss.
Men considering post weight loss plastic surgery can expect to discuss a number of considerations and options with Dr. Meredith, including;
- What makes a good candidate for plastic surgery after dramatic weight loss
- What options are available that align with your desired outcomes
- The importance of stable weight with no further weight loss expected
- What to expect from each procedure or from multiple procedures
- What post weight loss incisions and scars will be like in the short and long term
- Pre and post surgical care and health maintenance
It is possible to change the size, shape and profile of the nose. Sometimes it is done for medical reasons to correct disfigurement, nasal trauma or breathing problems but most often it is a cosmetic procedure sought for personal reasons. Even slight alterations can have a dramatic effect on appearance and most importantly, self esteem, confidence, body image and overall quality of life.
Clinically referred to as a Rhinoplasty, it is performed under general anesthesia where the surgeon uses a series of techniques to revise the nose contour while maintaining skin colour and texture similar to a patient’s original nose.
Prior to the procedure, Dr. Meredith will discuss important considerations and anticipated outcomes with each patient, including:
- Reasons for reconstruction
- Any risks or potential complications associated with Rhinoplasty
- Surgical techniques
- Post surgical recovery and care
Breast Reduction / Gynecomastia
It is not uncommon for men to experience enlargement of the male breast which results in over projection of the nipple and areola. It can affect only one breast or both and men report feeling embarrassed, experiencing discomfort during athletic activities and being reluctant to wear form fitting shirts or remove their shirt in public.
This condition can often be improved with surgical intervention. Corrective surgery is tailored to each clients presentation and typically involves removal of excess fat and glandular tissue, as well as skin when indicated. This surgery is carried out to restore a firmer more masculine chest contour while concealing the scars as much as possible. While male breast reduction is a surgical procedure, the advanced techniques that Dr. Meredith uses allows for most patients to go home the same day promoting a quick recovery.
Men considering breast reduction surgery can expect to discuss the following things with Dr. Meredith:
- Personal reasons for the surgery and what candidates can expect as far as outcomes
- Overview of surgical approaches, options, risks and benefits
- What to anticipate regarding recovery and return to activities
- Considerations for reducing likelihood of reoccurrence and maintaining results long term